The La Follette School of Public Affairs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is the current occupant of a home was built in 1855, before the University of Wisconsin even owned the land. Later, as part of the University’s holdings, the structure served as the main residence of several UW presidents. It’s been remodeled several times, and the basic configuration today dates from 1903.
The house marks the peak of Observatory Hill on the University of Wisconsin campus. Its porch has a beautiful view of Lake Mendota past the Mediterranean rooftop of Elizabeth Waters Hall.
No famous people are immortalized in this shot.
Warning/Guarantee/Disclaimer: This is a big, multi-resolution panorama. It may take a while to load. For amazing detail, try viewing it full-screen.